Welcome future and current volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in the Knock Out Parkinson’s (KOP) program. Please complete the orientation prior to attending KOP.
About KOP Knock-Out Parkinson’s (KOP) is a therapeutic boxing program for individuals of varying ages diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. The program is a result of a Capstone project developed by a recent University of Toledo Occupational Therapy Doctorate graduate, Rachel Lopez (Martinez). KOP is an extremely rewarding place to volunteer; the participants are appreciative of our help! It’s also a great opportunity to learn about Parkinson’s disease and what we can do as future health professionals to assist these individuals.
Read more. KOP in the Press:
- Toledo, Ohio Boxing program helps patients with Parkinson’s (2016)
- Parkinson’s students coping with ‘knock-out fun’
- Beating Parkinson’s to the punch
- Rock Steady Boxing
- UT Health – Coverage – WTOL Interview Pics
- KOP on Seelio
- World Class Boxing Coach Helps People with Parkinson’s Disease
- Fighting the Good Fight